Listen to stories and joik songs around a campfire, ride in a traditional sled and feel the thrill of standing in a herd of wild reindeers that eat from your hands.
Travel out into the wilderness and walk among 300 reindeer (with the opportunity to feed them too) before enjoying a 15-20-minute sledding ride. Afterwards, enter a candlelit Gamme to enjoy a relaxed three-course meal followed by joiking (traditional Sami songs), Sami history and stories. On a clear night, you might be lucky enough to catch the majestic northern lights.
- 25 min bus ride to reindeer camp
- Feeding of wild reindeer and walk around the reindeer camp
- 15-20 min reindeer sledding ride
- Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (traditional Sami hut)
- A cold smoked salmon starter, followed by a bidos (a traditional Sami stew) and Sami bread (a vegetarian option is also possible)
- Chocolate cake and blueberry dessert whilst listening to storytelling of Sami culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- Guests will have the opportunity to spend time outside and try and catch the northern lights.
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city centre
Guiding, transfer (25 min. each way), lunch, reindeer sledding (25 min), cultural experience, reindeer feeding, thermal suits on request.
17:50 in front of Radisson Blu Hotel
Tromso Arctic Reindeer camp if you come by your own transport.
18:00/22:30 (4,5 hours)
Comfortable clothes, shoes